Looked at the lawnmower. No branches stuck, and both blades moved freely. Then I started it and engaged the blades. Metal on metal screeching sound. NOW I knew what it was. When I was bushhogging I had the mower deck set a little too low and plowed into some hard brush stump. That bent a part of the leading edge of the deck, allowing the blade on that side to contact the deck. I could clearly see it now that I knew of it. So, a little time with a hammer, whacking away at it, and it allowed the blade to swing by. Soon I will be replacing the blades so I will remove the deck and do a more thorough job of straightening out that bent part.Soffit covering:
There is still a gap at the top of the wall after installing new insulation and the plywood soffit. I may spray Great Stuff in there to seal it all up, then once done I will install the vinyl to finish up the job.Mulching:
I have finished off the trailer load of mulch I got in early spring. It went a long way, but didn't do EVERYTHING in the front yard. Will get another load next spring.Hedge trimming:
I finally used a new hedge trimming attachment for my Ryobi line trimmer. It works well, though it is all a little heavy. Trimmed up a Rhododendron and azalea that had gotten quite big. Then I weeded and mulched and made that area look great. Still have plenty of use for that attachment in the next few weeks.Hole filling:
I heard that they GIVE away dirt at the local quarry. My neighbor is using my trailer for mulch, but when he is done I will get a load of dirt and fill holes and depressions around the yard. Want to fix up the bumpy ride on the riding lawnmower.Brush killing:
I had sprayed Round-up in the weedy area of the backyard. It did a great job, but not thorough. Time to mix up some more and go at it. I like the idea of not providing hiding areas for critters.