I used to cut down a lot of trees and would burn off the debris often, but hadn't done that for a couple of years. There was a large pile remaining and everything was decaying and moist and covered with weeds. So over the past weeks I have worked on this little by little. The weedy cover was easy to burn off with kerosene. That allowed me to get to the more dry stuff on top, which was piled and burned ok. Then I raked stuff out into sunlight for a couple days and would pile and burn that. Finally I got to a point where it was easiest to put the remainder in a wheelbarrow and take it up to the street where we have yard waste collection. A couple of wheelbarrows full would not be a problem, but I didn't want to do that a couple dozen times.
Yesterday was hot and muggy. I took a full load up to the street. Now what is left would not even fill the wheelbarrow. It would have taken me about 5 minutes to finish that, but rain was coming. This morning I looked out and the city came and took away the yard waste. If I had taken the 5 minutes the entire pile would be gone.
After some more raking and shovelling of ashes there will certainly be some more stuff to collect, but the area is almost ready to store my trailers. I wish I had before pictures.
For a couple of days I've been thinking about the bamboo bed I want to make for JP's room. The design is nice and looks simple enough, but I didn't have enough of the bamboo that was needed. So I went to the bamboo lot and brought home 5 poles that are 2 to 2.5 inches in diameter and 9 feet long. They will make the long rails and some of the short rails that connect the 4 corner posts. Now they need to dry and I'm going to try something to see if I can keep them from splitting as they dry.
This isn't my design and I hope that the person that I copied this from won't mind...not that I'm going to profit from selling his design...just making one for myself. Wish I had measurements. When ready I will simply take a mattress downstairs and use that as a template to make the support system to the correct size. Then I'll make the headboard and footboard, then connect it all together.