Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Woodworking projects

I have a few things in progress:
  • A table for my drill press. This was built of 3/4 particle board, 3/4 plywood, a piece of countertop laminate, and oak edgebanding (3/4" by 1-1/2") which I milled from rough stock. The table has been assembled with glue and and contact cement, then the laminate and edge banding were chamfered. Looks great. Still need to install T-track, cut a space for replaceable inserts, and mount to the drill press. Oh yes, and make a fence too.
  • A router table to replace one of the wings of my table saw. This is to be made just like the drill press table, but is bigger. I have rough cut the sheet goods and milled the oak edging.
  • A platform for the wood stove. I am going to start on this tonight. Need to heat the shop, and to do that I will install a really nice little wood stove. It needs to be done properly so I don't burn the place down, so the fireproof platform is necessary.
  • A chess board, for a friend. A friend wants me to make him a chess board for his birthday in July. I have milled strips of cherry and poplar to EXACTLY 2 inches wide. These need to be glued in an alternating pattern. Then turned 90 degrees, ripped into strips, and milled to exactly 2 inches again. Then glue up in alternating pattern to have the 64 squares. The stock is 1/4 inch thick (pretty thin), so I am still figuring out how to edge glue the strips and keep the strips absolutely flush to each other. Have months to finish this, plus the playing pieces.
  • Replacement drop leaf table swing arms, for a friend. I milled replacement pieces using a plain old 2x4 pine stud. But I lost one of the 6 pieces. I could make a replacement or try to find the original. No rush. When found I need to do some joinery so these supports are strong.

1 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, January 05, 2005, Blogger Marcel said...

I am just showing your Mother how to respond to a blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home