Monday, February 21, 2005

Home improvements

I had a fellow staying at my place for 2 months. Now that he is gone I have started to fix up the room that he used. All holes in the walls have been patched and the room has been cleaned and vacuumed. Need to wipe down the walls with a moist cloth to get rid of any surface dust. Then I am ready to paint. I will paint in two tones, and install a chair rail molding inbetween. I don't like painting, but it will be easier since the room is empty. Need to replace a cracked piece of baseboard, and install baseboard shoe molding after painting is done. This will be a music room/office.

In the kitchen, I removed the shoddy patch job that my roommate did around the window. There was some molding removed a long time ago for a different job. This is called window stop molding. My roommate was given the task of replacing the molding. Instead of removing the rest and starting with fresh molding, he patched in what was missing. The molding he used did not match exactly, nor did he paint. He only put in a little caulk where the two moldings made a seam. It looked just as bad as missing molding. So I took the TEN minutes extra to remove it all. I will buy replacement stop molding and install it all the way around. That'll fix it right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home