Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Router table leaf

I cut the sheet goods to finished size this morning before going in to the office. It was just a little too cold to apply the glue (needs to be 55 or higher), so I will do that at lunchtime. Seems like my panel cutting jig is just a hair out of alignment, but for this project it won't make a significant difference. Tomorrow I can put on the oak edges and then the laminate.

After lunchtime update:
The temperature was perfect, so I glued the sheet goods together. Had plenty of time to glue and nail on the oak edges too. Will get to the laminate tomorrow. The tricky spots will be mounting this to the tablesaw and cutting the hole for the router plate with precision. The plate must fit in snugly with no ability to wobble, yet be able to be removed easily. Will practice on scrap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home