Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Messed up, but fixable.

Last night I installed the stop molding around the kitchen window. But I goofed up with measurements and cut the vertical pieces too short. So, now I have to fix that. I don't feel like buying new material, so what I'll do is:
1. Remove the vertical pieces.
2. Take out the nails.
3. Cut a couple of pieces about 6 inches long.
4. Cope one end and miter the other end of each.
5. Install those at the top, snug with the horizontal piece.
6. Trim the pieces that were too long to the correct length, mitering one end.
7. Install those.
8. Paint.

Should be just about invisible, since the mitered joint will be up above eye level AND typically obscured by a window treatment, like a valance. This is a perfectly correct method, not like the stupid "butt joint and caulk" that my former housemate did in 5 minutes. Takes longer to do it right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home