Sunday, March 26, 2006

JP's bonker.

Jean Pierre was so excited about the chess bishop that he wanted to watch me turn a pawn, which I did. But more importantly, I gave him some instruction on the lathe and guided him through turning a rectangular piece of wood into a cylinder. He was a little afraid at first, but lost that initial fear as the piece became more round. Gouges "chatter" in the beginning because of the corners that need to be knocked off of the wood. SO, he has his first "finished" wood working project...a "bonker".







As for me, I have a bishop (nearly done) and a pawn (done). The pawn was completely sanded, finish was applied, then parted from his base. Will finish the bishop tonight.

2 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, March 28, 2006, Blogger EZ Travel said...

I could use a good bonker around here some days.

 
At 9:00 AM, March 28, 2006, Blogger Gretchen said...

Looks like JP would love to play "owie" with Jackson.

Timmy, the technical stuff goes way over my head I vote more pictures of JP.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home