Friday, June 06, 2008

Boat bookcase complete

And now the conclusion.

I milled up some red oak strips to cover the front edge of the shelves. I made them a little long and rounded over the front edges, then stained them. Laid them in place, marked the ends, cut to size and nailed in place. In the picture only the two closest to the stern are done.


Then the rope edging. Cut to length and "whipped" the ends, then nailed in place.


That completed construction. I still would like to do some faux weathering, but it's good enough for now, so I moved it in place. For the picture I wanted to include the chest of drawers and the bamboo floor lamp with it's simulated crate base. Had to pull way back so you don't get a good idea of the size. The boat is almost 6 feet tall and at it's widest it is just under 3 feet. It's heavy and rock solid, but not too heavy...I was able to bring it upstairs by myself.


One more project to mark off of the unfinished list!

1 Comments:

At 8:20 PM, June 08, 2008, Blogger John Beauregard said...

Yeah but will it float?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home