Tuesday, March 15, 2005

How did I do?

Well, I had a 3 hour Tae Kwon Do class on Saturday, which was in preparation for my test (April 23) to become second degree black belt. The class was not too bad, but very tiring.

Before the class I was able to install the replacement fence pieces at the friend's house. All that's left is to rebuild and hang his gate. I took some measurements and have started laying out the pieces. Three replacement rails need to be cut and fitted into mortices, then it's just "nail it all together" and go hang it on it's hinges.

I did some chillin' with friends the rest of the weekend.

After writing and mailing off mid-month bills this morning I have a little extra that I can use to buy some chair rail molding for the office/music room, and the last 4 rolls of attic blanket insulation. This weekend I will have my son, so we will finish painting the office. After it's painted I need to install the chair rail, so I need to start working on painting the chair rail.

Also, I promised my neighbor that I would mill up some strips of wood for him. He needs about 12 feet of 3/4 by 3/4 strips. They can be done in two 6 foot lengths. I can get that done easily tonight. Poplar will be fine because these will be attached to the top of a cabinet (under the countertop) to raise the top up by 3/4 inch, then painted to match the cabinet. The cabinet he bought has drawers where the upper edge is just a tiny bit below the top of the cabinet. That would be fine with a flat countertop, but the countertop he got has a "rolled" front edge that drops down and "hooks over" the top front edge of the cabinet. That would negate using the drawers. So these strips will add the needed clearance.

My friend who owns the butterfly table will be coming by tonight, so maybe we can both work on that project.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home