Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tequila Sunrise pen

Recently at a group dinner I brought some of the recent pens I made. I gave one to one of the ladies who had a birthday in January. Another one of these lady friends had a birthday in March and said "How come I don't get a pen?" teasingly. I said I didn't know about her birthday and that I would make her one.

This lady likes to wear bright colors. She even buys reading glasses with unique, colorful frames. At the woodworking store I found a pen blank that was made as a glue up of many thin strips of colorful dyed wood. The manufacturer calls this particular blank "Tequila Sunrise."

I had trouble with a "blow out" while doing a trimming task, and it ruined one end of one of the barrels. I tried to fix it with the blown out wood chips and Super Glue. But it blew out again, even worse. So I bought another pen blank and had more success.

Here is the Tequila Sunrise pen. I took two pictures...one where I rotated the pen 90 degrees. These I cropped and merged into one picture.

2 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, June 10, 2008, Blogger John Beauregard said...

Very nice.
I think it would have looked better if you would have stuck to browns, reds and blacks and no greens.
Hope your lady friend appreciates it (and you).

 
At 10:34 AM, June 11, 2008, Blogger cheryl said...

pretty cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home