Sunday, March 27, 2005

Chair rail molding almost done

First I built the "deadmen" as mentioned in the previous post. These aided tremendously in holding the moldings in place while I marked them for length or nailed them in place. The molding looks great. It is my first chair rail molding and I had to do 4 cope cuts for the corner. Each one got a little better. The molding installation is about 4/5ths complete. There is one last length to do which is approximately 5 feet long. Because of a cutting error I ran a little short on material, so I need to do both a cope cut and a mitered splice.

Next I need to fill nail holes, apply some cosmetic touch-ups, and caulk. Then it's on to fixing some damaged baseboard pieces and installing baseboards in the closet, which I never did after installing the wood floor several years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home