Friday, April 01, 2005

Oh yeah! Recliner fixed!

I bought a new Dremel yesterday. Cordless. New type of rechargeable battery.
http://www.dremel.com/productdisplay/tool_family_template.asp?SKU=1007787775&Color=99CCFF
It took a couple of hours to charge it up. Then I installed a cutting wheel and cut a slot in the end of that sheared bolt. I carefully coaxed the bolt out of the special T-nut. Whew, success!!!

Then I installed a new bolt and VOILA!, no more chair wobble. Wish I had the Dremel before, when I tried to remove the first broken bolt. It also occured to me that I could have drilled a hole in the bolt and used an "EZ out" or "X-out" bolt extractor. But I don't have any of those either. The Dremel will be so handy and I have been wanting one for years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home