Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Random musings

1. Changing the oil in my Jeep is a REALLY simple job. I decided I would do this myself more, rather than take it to my mechanic to do it.
2. Changing the blades on my lawnmower sucks. It takes quite a bit of work to detach the deck and roll it out from under the tractor. Then I don't have the right sized wrench for the nut holding the blades, so it required a bit of squeezing of Channel Lock pliers. Then reinstalling the deck is just as much trouble as removing it. I figured out the tricks, but this isn't a task that is done very often, so I might forget by next time.
3. I learned how to drill out an aluminum pop rivet. This is going to be a good thing to know...guaranteed.
4. I learned that Formula 409 is probably the BEST thing for cleaning up kitchen grease. Probably better than Simple Green and other Orange cleaners.
5. Painting moldings is simple, yet BORING.

The appliances in my kitchen were all Harvest Gold when I bought the house. That includes a trash compactor. Over the years everything has been replaced with black, except the trash compactor. In removing and opening up the door of the thing we found that panels were included for white, brown, Harvest Gold, and Avocado. NO Almond or Black !! SO I put brown in place, which looks a HECK of a lot better than the gold. Then took a panel to the garage to clean, and paint Gloss Black. In a few days that will be done and reinstalled. This is only temporary until I remodel the kitchen. At that time the trash compactor will be removed and replaced with a cabinet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home