Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Prep time is SO important

I've been working on painting my bedroom. I hate painting. This time I decided to mask all the baseboards and casings before painting to minimize touchups. It took extra time...maybe an hour longr than I would have taken. But the outcome is so worth it. As I peeled away masking the crisp edges came through. It saved me days of extra work peeling caulk, flaky paint, touching up walls, touching up baseboards, and recaulking. Taking an extra hour up front saved me about 10 hours in the end.

The bedroom is looking spectacular! The top and bottom have been painted. I need to touch up here and there, paint and install the new chair rail and shoe moldings, paint the window (which is still puke green from when I bought the house 15 years ago!!!) and get a new window shade. Might not finish that all this week and I have my son this weekend, so it might be middle of next week when it gets finished.

Will post pictures soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home