Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Work on bedroom progresses

Last night I finished painting the new moldings and will start installing them tonight.

Also, I started working on painting the window. Not fun! The window was originally puke green, semi-gloss. Then, years ago everything in the room was painted except the window. A few years later the ex and I put paint stripper on the window and forgot about it. So, now it is a mix of dried paint stripper, flaking paint, puke green semi-gloss, and grime. Using a sanding sponge, I started sanding to give the new paint something to hold on to. Then vacuumed and wiped up dust. Then masked and started painting. There are 2 sashes with a total of 12 true divided lites. I masked 4 and painted them with two coats. One of them got 3 coats which I found is what it takes for this job. This morning I took off the masking tape around THAT lite and some of the paint peeled. I learned how to hold the paint with a razor blade as I take the masking tape off for the rest of the window.

This afternoon I cleaned and masked the remaining lites on the bottom sash and put a bit of tape where the paint peeled earlier. Tonight I should have the bottom sash all painted.


Also, I have been painting the metal panel for the trash compactor. I was running low on Gloss Black spray paint and found some spray paint that is made for appliances, so I took that home and coated the panel. It will take MANY light coats to get it right. Not a job to hurry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home