Saturday, December 02, 2006

Score!

I got hooked on a new (to me) author...Robin Cook. Read two books and really wanted to read more. Someone said "Go to Wal-Mart...they sell some of his books there." But the thought came to me that I saw a fellow at an indoor flea market with a HUGE selection of used books (and within a mile of Wal-Mart). I went there and the guy had many novels by Robin Cook...each for a dollar. There was still a Wal-Mart price sticker on one of them... for something like $5.95. So I bought 5 since I had that many loose dollars. I'm going to have to make a list of all of the Cook novels and return to that guy. Score!

I don't know about the rest of you, but we seemed to have dodged a weather bullet here. Except for a little rain the other day the temperatures here have been wonderful. Score!

The leaf collection situation is under control. Score!
I can take a nice long nap today. Score!
I figured out a better way to capture LP records into my computer, saving me drudgery of editing out errors going through the sound card. Score!
And today I will be receiving a Netflix DVD of the opera "Aida". Score!

11 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, December 02, 2006, Blogger Sean M. said...

Score! My, aren't you clever???

You may have dodged the weather bullet, but we have had 50 mph winds and a drop in temperature of more than 30 degrees. We were supposed to have snow yesterday, but the storm turned north; I guess all our relatives in Detroit got all my snow! As far as I'm concerned, the cold weather is useless unless there is snow.

 
At 5:57 PM, December 03, 2006, Blogger Marcel said...

Why not check half.com for these books, some of them are down to $1.00.

 
At 9:08 PM, December 03, 2006, Blogger Adrienne said...

I belong to a website called paperbackswap.com

You list what books you have to swap out and if anyone wants it you mail it to them. For each book you send out (postage is about 1.50) you receive 1 credit. and can "order" books from others using your credits. BTW you get 6 credits just for joining.

 
At 9:36 AM, December 04, 2006, Blogger Tim B. said...

Thanks all, I will look at half.com and paperbackswap.com

"Aida" was disappointing. I know that it is one ov Verdi's most popular operas, but the story just doesn't hook me.

 
At 10:37 AM, December 04, 2006, Blogger cheryl said...

Alibris.com is also a good spot on line to find new and used books for only a couple bucks. Glad we all know where to find the books for an inexpensive cost.

 
At 6:30 PM, December 04, 2006, Blogger Adrienne said...

Of course the library is the best choice. I love being able to check the card catalog online and having the books waiting for me at the desk.

 
At 8:58 PM, December 04, 2006, Blogger Marcel said...

Adrienne, What a great idea, I am going to check my Library and see if they offer that service.

 
At 9:27 AM, December 05, 2006, Blogger Gretchen said...

My little library up north offers it. I send them a list of books and they email me when they are available. Since I rarely read the same book twice I love my library.

 
At 10:56 PM, December 08, 2006, Blogger Marcel said...

Since no one is asking, I will. Why is "score" used at the end of sentences?

 
At 8:55 PM, December 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's more fun to actually visit used book stores, but watch out, you can really get carried away and buy the store! I've read whole 20 book series, in paperback, from the same good used book store, most of them currently out of print (1950s).

 
At 3:36 PM, December 11, 2006, Blogger Tim B. said...

"Score!" is common slang that is used to indicate that you (or your buddy) just had something wonderful happen. As if you just scored a goal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home