Saturday, September 23, 2006

A little backtracking

I was thinking that I was all set to continue making progress on the wine cabinet this weekend when two things happened. Had to take care of these before continuing.

First, since I was a little impatient to get started with the project, I did not finish all the details on the cyclone dust collector. I had rigged the filters into position with scraps of lumber and the filters were precariously perched. With numerous motor starts and stops they moved a bit and the elbow connector at the top fell off. So I built a plywood box to place underneath. The wedged fit is perfect but I need to buy some sheet metal screws to make a permanent connection. The box will contain a drawer (not built yet). After a few hours of use there should be some fine dust that drops into the drawer. A slight modification to the box needs to be made to make the front removeable so the drawer can be removed as needed. That requires another trip to the mother ship (Lowe's/Home Depot).

Second, while opening the garage door yesterday one of the lift cables broke. Without that the door is incredibly heavy. That was a very simple fix (for me), but required a trip to the mother ship as well.

So progress on the cabinet will continue probably tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home