Saturday, June 21, 2008

MAME locks and late Christmas gift

The locks on the MAME cabinet were actually simpler to do than I thought. In order to see how much the lock bars needed to be modified I removed the entire coin door area. This allowed me to see from behind rather than looking at a closed door. The amount of bend needed was so small that just a few whacks with a hammer were all that was necessary. Same for the cabinet back. I removed the two mating parts and was able to see how much bend was needed...again, just a small bit. It took longer to remove and replace the parts then it did to do the bending. Now all of the locks are installed and working. Because there are 3 locks and individual keys, I put labels next to each lock, using the numbers engraved on the keys. The locks did not have an engraved number.

So now I need a final control panel and the MAME system will be complete.


On a different project, I had run out of time before Christmas, so I gave "IOUs", rather than handmade gifts, to 3 nephews. Not going to say what these are, but I have now completed the construction and staining. I will be going to Atlanta next week, so I am focusing on finishing the one for Cheryl and Scott's son Daniel. I can hand deliver that one. It has 2 coats of finish now and needs one more (tomorrow). Then I can add the hardware (fairly simple). Then hand deliver on Thursday. Will take pictures and post them after they are all done and delivered.

1 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, June 30, 2008, Blogger cheryl said...

WOW! too cool of a gift. Daniel was very impressed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home