Sunday, April 03, 2005

Weekend progress

I was able to install the closet baseboard molding. What a pain working in tight, cramped spaces. Now I remember why I put this task off. In the main room (office) I removed a damaged piece of baseboard, and fabricated some very thin pieces of wood floor to go underneath that, where there was a slight gap before. It will look perfect when I put on a new piece of baseboard.

My neighbor asked me to go over and cut the hole in a new countertop for a new sink. Got that done and he was pleased.

Also, I got down some shelf pieces for the closet in the office. They were put up there when I had a roommate and he needed space for clothing. Now they will be used to hold computer software, disks, paper, etc.

So what's left for the office?
1. Paint and install shoe molding, which I have already bought.
2. Fill all nail holes in moldings.
3. Caulk moldings to walls.
4. Touch up paint wherever needed.
5. Fix (going to try) or replace (backup plan) a closet door that has a broken spot on the face.

Then I can move in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home