Tuesday, May 24, 2005

No longer "boogered up".

"Boogered up." That's what a neighbor of mine says when he encounters threads on a screw or bolt that have been damaged.

I did a dumb thing a couple of days ago and used a door handle screw as a tool, trying to tap out the hinge pin. That messed up a little bit of the threads. Of course, this handle and screw were for the door of the closet that I am working on. I simply took my Dremel and cut off those damaged threads. I figured that I could still use that screw IF I first used the OTHER screw to create the threads in a pilot hole. Worked like a charm.

I finished painting the closet door early in the evening. Then attended my first Tae Kwon Do class in about a month. I did not go all out because I do not want to damage my back. Baby steps! When I got home I installed the hinges and hung the door, then installed the handle. So that is one more big step done. All that's left in the office/music room is to touch up the paint on the baseboards, and check for any other touchups needed on the walls. Then I can start using the room.

The next indoor project will be painting the master bedroom...just the walls. This time I will go the extra mile to mask off the trim, trying to avoid touch-ups. Also, there will be no need to paint or replace any doors, but I will put up chair rail molding. The colors I will use are "Soft Angora" for the upper part of the walls, and "Federal Blue" for the lower. These are Glidden colors and can be found at their web site (Glidden.com) using the numbers "90RR 73/018" and "50BB 08/129" respectively. Just remembered that I will need to paint an ugly window that has been hidden by a vinyl mini blind for 15 years. And then I'll get a nice wooden mini blind for that window. The cost will be about 2 gallons of paint + 1 wooden mini blind + chair rail molding. Very reasonable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home