Sunday, May 15, 2005

Son and Sand, Part II

My son and I worked together and filled as many holes as we could find. In total we put something like 210 pounds of sand into the ground. 4 bags at 50 lbs each, and I had about 10 lbs from a while back. I have been checking the holes to see if they show any signs of further activity. So far, one hole looks like it may be in use. The fellow with the NC cooperative extension told me that I can use mousetraps, but bait them with apple, and cover with something like a bushel basket with a brick on top. That will keep other critters from getting hurt.

We spread 400 lbs (10 bags at 40 lbs per bag) of top soil in the location where I shoveled out all the gravel. That looks much nicer now. I need to spread some grass seed and straw there next. Overnight it rained and tamped down the soil for me and it looks pretty even now. Though after the grass starts growing that may change. I can just throw out some more top soil if and when I decide to.

My son helped me change the AC filter (his first time). We also put some primer paint on "the big cabinet" project of a few months ago. Need to get that going again so I can start organizing the workshop again.

All in all, a very productive weekend and enjoyable since I had my little boy with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home