Tuesday, May 17, 2005

One down, hundreds to go.

Yesterday I finished the landscaping in front of my wood drying shed. This was where I had a 10 foot long gravel path. Over several days I moved the gravel to the driveway, where it was needed to fill trenches. I removed landscape timbers that defined the edges of the path. Then I put out 400 lbs of top soil, grass seed, and covered with straw to hold in moisture for the grass seed to germinate. There are 3 rose bushes along the path that were then surrounded with granite stones and mulched. Once the grass grows it will look very nice. If you use your imagination and picture the straw (and bare spots and weeds) as green grass, it looks nice NOW.

On Sunday evening I painted 1 side of the new closet door for my office. Intended to paint the other side last night, but did some lounging and reading instead. Will do it tonight.

So, one more item off my home improvement wish list and a few hundred items left. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home