Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Outdoors is gorgeous

What a great time of year it is right now.

I just cut the grass last night and looked around at nature...man made and natural. And it all looks so nice. Grass and trees are green. Birds are everywhere (I like hearing the twittering of purple martins). Lilacs and rhododendrons are blooming. The Japanese Maple tree is blood red.

The temperature is perfect, so I have been taking a lawn chair out under a dogwood and enjoying reading with a glass of sun brewed tea.

I continue on shoveling rocks and am about 3/4ths done with that. The area where this is going on needed some attention, so I made a border using some granite stones, mulched around the rose inside the border, and watered. That's the Rio Samba rose. It has had 4 gorgeous flowers so far and currently has 2 big buds ready to open. Not an aphid in sight, nor any black spot. I chose wisely!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home