Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Weekend update:

I had my son for visitation this weekend and together we:
1. Went out for pizza, and ice cream.
2. Went to an empty lot that had bamboo, harvested 3 stalks, and brought it home.
3. Cut the bamboo into several pieces and made a bamboo wind chime.
4. Hung the wind chime in a dogwood.
5. Rolled primer paint onto the back surfaces of all of the pieces of the big cabinet.
6. Had more ice cream.

There is enough bamboo to make another wind chime. One for him and one for me. I got to explain how sometimes people will spend a lot of money to buy something that they can just as easily make. We used cedar for the hanging disk and the clapper, and mason’s twine to tie everything together.


He really enjoyed all of our tasks and ice cream. I had a nice time having him here. Next time we will start putting the top coats of paint on the cabinet and build the second chime.

After he had to leave I cut the grass and really worked on a weedy natural area out back that would be nice to have as all grass. I got the lawnmower in and cut a lot of brush, allowing me to move around there on foot. Then I brought out hoses and sprayed with "large area" RoundUp. It's a concentrate bottle that you attach to a hose end. There is so much poison ivy, so I did not stray from the mowed paths. In a couple of weeks I hope to see it all brown. Then I can spray again and start clearing it all out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home