Thursday, July 07, 2005

Master bedroom window and pictures.

Here is how the bedroom window is progressing.
Recall that it started out as puke green. Also I had pictures on the wall that were thatched houses, matted in pink. The mattes have been replaced with dark blue. I am working on the window in phases. It is glossy, so first I rough it up with a sanding sponge. This is tiring so I only work on a few of the individual panes at one time. It takes 3 coats of white paint to completely obliterate the green. I started with the bottom sash. Except for the 2 panes on the lower right, the rest has 3 coats. The paint started peeling off of the bottom "rail" of the sash so I used my razor blade and took it down to bare wood. A little sanding, primer, and 2 coats of finish paint should make that look good.
Window and picture to the left:


The upper sash has been mostly sanded and 3 of the panes have been masked. Can't get to painting that until next week because of vacation. Here is the window by itself:


And finally, the window and picture to the right:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home