Thursday, July 28, 2005

Update on the office/music room

Since the master bedroom is complete I have started setting up the office/music room. The first picture is the corner with a chair and banjo and guitar. I will be building a music stand in the future.


Turning to the left is the office part. I had given this "L" shaped desk to a neighbor. The other day we were talking and he asked if I wanted it back since he didn't need it anymore. The timing couldn't have been better. It is a decent temporary desk until I can build one. The filing cabinet in the corner is solid cherry from a tree I cut down in my backyard. I had a professional woodworker make the filing cabinet. The floor lamp in this second photo has an interesting story. About 10 years ago it tipped over and the lamp socket for the top bulb holder was broken. It was unsafe to use at that time, but I always figured I would fix it one day. I tried 10 years ago, but couldn't figure how to expose enough wire to put in a new bulb holder. Then, tonight, I got the idea of pushing some wire up from the bottom of the lamp. Seems simple NOW as an AFTERTHOUGHT. Anyway the bulb socket was cheap and it took about 20 minutes to fix. Now my old lamp has new life. I like this kind of lamp because it is really good for having next to a chair for some reading. You can add more light and direct it right onto your book. It will also work well in my new office.


Finally, as I was organizing I came across a door stop that I had when I was a bachelor the FIRST time. It is a cast iron Scottish Terrier raising one leg. Perfect as a door stop or bookend. The door doesn't NEED to be propped open...I just like my little Scotty.

1 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, July 29, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything looks terrific, even the dog. The desk and lamp are perfect.

Love,
Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home