Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Having trouble coping.

Cute, huh?
I'm talking about doing coping cuts on the ends of 4 pieces of chair rail molding. It is sufficiently complicated as to make it a pain in the rear. Shoe molding is much simpler and that will take very little time.

I have cut and fitted the chair rail pieces (5 of 9) that do not require cope cuts. Not nailed up, but they should be tonight. I've coped one piece after 2 botched attempts. Was kind of hot in the shop, so I put it off till late, then was too tired to keep at it. Will try more tonight.

1 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, July 22, 2005, Blogger jenn said...

I'm always a little amazed at all the stuff you manage to get done.

We just made a bid on a house that's something of a "fixer-upper" -- lots of potential but the bathrooms are original to the 1920s (kinda grim) and the kitchen is circa 1972. But with the amount they're asking I don't know if we could afford to fix 'er up. I guess we'll see.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home