Monday, August 01, 2005

Next project...son's bedroom.

This bedroom project should be a little easier than the others.
My son's bedroom has plain walls that are painted sea foam green. I want to add a little to it by putting in white chair rail and a different color that will go along. The top of the room will remain sea foam green. A dear friend helped pick out a coordinating color (Glidden color, "Java Sea", 18BG 41/313). The two look really nice together and will look REALLY smart with the white chair rail between.

Not sure how the furniture will look, however, I had an idea. I asked my son if he would like to have a hammock in his room and he said he would. I only have him every other weekend so it shouldn't be detrimental to his sleep or his back to sleep 2 nights every two weeks in a hammock. He currently has bunk beds. I will leave those in the room for a while to see which he prefers.

Anyway, I want to make a hammock that will go with the new paint scheme. I decided to make an A-frame from which to suspend the hammock...like backyard swings or swingsets. The hammock can be made from cloth that can be chosen to go with the room. I can rig it all up except the sewing on the fabric. The frame can be painted 2x4s.

The work will be done in a couple of phases, starting with the painting and molding. Will take and post pictures along the way. It should be a really neat room when done.

1 Comments:

At 5:16 PM, August 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tim:
I was wondering when I was going to get the green stick, but I guess you had some other help. Good for you, I hope it comes out nice.

I really don't think JP will be able to bounce his head in the hammock do you? Nice idea, but hmmmmm I don't know.

Love,
Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home