Monday, October 17, 2005

Cleanup 'prep'

Cleaning up is the first and last things you do on a particular task. The cleaning BEFORE is called preparation.

This past weekend was my visitation with my son. He does little chores with me but bores easily. We had a lot of things to do over the weekend, and I had him help me with a couple things that I knew he wouldn't mind doing. I've been burning off tree debris in the backyard inside a ring of bricks. The ring can be moved closer to the debris, which is what I thought we'd do. So, we moved a couple of bricks at a time and set up a new location. Then he helped me put debris into the ring. I demonstrated how to put some kerosene on the debris to start it, and we lit the fire. While that was going there were some spare bricks in the weeds that we moved to an open area.

I have been wanting to get back into the weedy area, clear it all out, and get grass growing. But over the years, having cut down and hauled a lot of trees for people, I had collected a lot of debris which needs to be burned. The burning IS the cleanup. But this weekend the debris was still too wet to burn. So by making a new burn circle and moving the bricks, we "prepared to cleanup."

The fire went out. So the debris needs to dry in the sun for some days. I also pulled some chunks of wood out of the shade into the sun. Next time my son stays for the weekend I would like for him to see a dramatic change.

1 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, October 18, 2005, Blogger paulette said...

Saw your parents this weekend and Pat pointed me to your blog. Glad I found it. I can't think of a more fun visit for a little boy than to participate in a bonfire.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home