Thursday, October 13, 2005

Kitchen Cafe 2

Last night I finished installing the tiffany style lamp. Wired it up and added a dimmer switch. That's one more home project off the list. There are still a handful of things I want to accomplish this year before I start devoting free time to the workshop to make Christmas gifts.


My kitchen cafe is ok for now. But the next idea is to replace that tabletop with my own creation. My uncle, in the mountains, makes wine cork trivets. Two years ago I made some as Christmas gifts. Since then I have collected a lot more corks. Can you imagine a wine cork trivet tabletop, with a sheet of glass covering it? Here is a typical trivet. Imagine this as a 2ft by 4ft table. Will probably work on this in the spring.

2 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, October 13, 2005, Blogger Sean M. said...

That really sounds like a great idea! That would definitely be something to see, since I think those cork trivets are really neat. I think you should go for it, and it'll look great! Talk to you later...

 
At 4:37 PM, October 18, 2005, Blogger EZ Travel said...

Hi Tim, I am just looking through a couple of recent posts to avoid going back to work. I have one of these trivets, but without the wood frame. Your's looks much cooler than mine, which is falling apart.

Erika (masquerading as JKZ)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home