Sunday, September 18, 2005

Anti-heckling

Hey, I'm working on stripping a chest of drawers. It's nasty and messy and takes time to do it right. Not going to post progress pictures of it because of the need to clean up, snap a pic, get messy again, repeat.

However, I did take a little time out to make the stencils for the project. I found a stencil font somewhere. Using Powerpoint I printed these out, then cut them out with an X-acto knife.


I showed them to my son and they met with his approval. He is actually wanting for "THIS END UP" to be upside down, so that's the way it will go.

Also, I started back to work on the "butterfly table" from months ago. The table parts need stripping too, so why not do it all at the same time. And there are still a few dowel pieces that need drilling/picking out. During the process I somehow tightened the chuck on my Dremel a little too much and now the shaft lock is stripped. Need to see if it's something I can fix, or send it off for repair. Doh!!

1 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, September 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim:

Sounds like JP has a sense of humor there, with the sign posted upside down, wonder who he takes after. The sign looks good and sounds to me like you are making progress.

How does he like his trunk bed so far?

Hi Jean Pierre, how nice it is to be helping daddy like you do, that will give you a good deal of experience.

Love,
Mom/Grandma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home