Monday, September 11, 2006

Back from mini-reunion

This past weekend we had a mini-reunion at Aunt Lori and Uncle Bernie's place in Brevard. Tarren (Dawn's daughter) and Pete were going to be in town with little Lucas. Dawn and Mark decided to fly down too (from Wisconsin). The rest of us didn't have too much of a drive so we all converged. It was a nice weekend catching up with family.

On Saturday after breakfast I took Debbie (Duane's wife), Ryan (Karen's son), and Danny (Cheryl's son) to see a couple of the waterfalls and Sliding Rock. After a little persuasion both Danny and Ryan did the slide. The first pic of Ryan was out of focus because it was at super zoom, which I had never used before and there is a slight shutter delay that confused me, so I must have moved. So here are two pics in focus.

Danny on Sliding Rock.


Ryan on Sliding Rock.


On Sunday before lunch, and everyone departing, we took some group photos. Debbie took the pictures. Here is everyone except Debbie.


And here is my immediate family.


Karen should have probably have stood one step higher!!


And here are 4 generations...Lucas, his mother Tarren, his grandmother Dawn, and great-grandmother Pat.


I would be remiss if I didn't add to Sean's jealousy by saying that on the way there I had dinner at a Zaxby's in Asheville. Never ate at a Zaxby's before, but I seem to recall that Sean really likes them. :-)

4 Comments:

At 11:02 PM, September 11, 2006, Blogger Sean M. said...

Very nice pictures... Makes me wish even more that I could have been there. And by the way, yes, I am jealous! GRRR... They don't have those here, so I have been missing out on my Zaxby's chicken experiences.

Oh, and have you checked out my latest post? You might be interested in joining my "experiment."

 
At 8:34 AM, September 12, 2006, Blogger EZ Travel said...

Yay! Thanks for the pictures. Everyone looks great. Hard to believe that hot looking women is a great-grandma.

 
At 6:54 PM, September 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There were a few people missing in the group shot. Lori and Scott (Cheryl's husband) had gone to play golf. Bernie had gone to town to get some cigars.
It took some doing to keep Lucas from going off the porches and taking the big plunge. But his Mom, Dad and Grandmother did a superb job of guarding.

 
At 9:36 AM, September 16, 2006, Blogger paulette said...

I was so engrossed in the post about making furniture that I missed this previous one at first. (I was away for a couple of days). So glad I went back to it. Great pictures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home