Friday, February 23, 2007

Boat bookcase 4

Now it's starting to take shape. I fashioned the shelves and attached them to the back. This is a temporary fitting. The squared off ends of the shelves need to be sanded down to match the curve of the bottom (back). Then I'll remove the shelves, paint them and the back, and reinstall. I believe it will be easier that way.


In case you are wondering, yes, that is a modified grill cart that the boat/bookcase is sitting on. It is pretty heavy now and I want to be able to move it in and out of my garage. I built this rolling workshop cart, over a year ago, from a grill after having discarded the deteriorated kettle. Normally it is used inside the shop for a miter saw and thickness planer.

I'm soliciting opinions on how to paint this. I am thinking of red for the inside of the back and maybe white for the shelves.

5 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, February 24, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paint? How about decorative cloth.

 
At 1:26 PM, February 24, 2007, Blogger Sean M. said...

This all looks very cool; can't wait to see the completed version! For some reason, I see your bookshelf as blue... Just a suggestion.

 
At 4:56 PM, February 25, 2007, Blogger paulette said...

Did you ever mention it was going to be blue because that's the color that has been in my mind all along too.

 
At 8:37 AM, February 26, 2007, Blogger Tim B. said...

Blue?
That may work out fine even though I was thinking of red (because I have some leftover red paint, I suppose). With the next update I will try to include a picture of 3 boat bookcases...1 red, one blue, and one green. And will also include a photo of the general look of the room where it is going.

 
At 8:09 PM, February 27, 2007, Blogger cheryl said...

I was thinking the red in some spots and crackle paint to give it that look of old that you were talking about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home