Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Starting the boat bookcase

Finished the shoe molding.

Starting the construction of a boat bookcase. I bought the plywood and laid it out on sawhorses.


Then made a rectangle for max height and width (28in x 70 in).



Divided this up into 5 sections of 14 inches for shelves. Made a centerline and measured out from that for critical "pin points". For the image I marked those points with yellow dots and connected them using MS Paint and the curve tool.



Drove some nails slightly into the right side points and using spring clamps and a piece of shoe molding I traced the right side. Found that this hung over the rectangle by 1/4 inch, so I moved all my pin points over by that amount and traced both sides. Darkened that with a Sharpie marker. Now I have the bottom (back) that can be cut out.

2 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, February 14, 2007, Blogger cheryl said...

OOOOOKKKKKaaaYYYYY
This is lookin' good. I'm excited to see the progress. If I can figure out how to get the pictures on my blog, I'll start doing some pictures of what Mom and I have been doing. (Lasting Impressions Inc.)

 
At 12:51 PM, February 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does the name "boat bookcase" mean that it can double as a boat if there is flooding?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home