Thursday, January 18, 2007

Fluffing, part 1

Last Tuesday my Mom and sister Cheryl came for a week-long visit. They wanted to do some "fluffing" projects around my house...painting and decorating. They brought painting tools and sewing tools. I wanted them to keep things simple but they had other plans. Improvements were made to both bathrooms, and window treatments in the master bedroom, dining room, and living room. We also completed a chest of drawers that I had on the back burner for my son's room.

First the master bathroom. It WAS lavender with a flowery shower curtain. The 3 of us worked on this together. Mom and Cheryl spent a TON of time scraping off silicone caulk and in general preparation for painting. They masked and painted the room in two tones which are exact matches for my master bedroom (which I did last year). I added new chair rail molding, baseboards, shoe molding, and backsplash. This was the first project started and it took about 6 days.




Next was the hallway bathroom. It WAS yellow and a while back my mom added some pictures and a small rug. Again, we all worked on this but did not add chair rail and the baseboards were very easy. Armed with a master bathroom fiasco, more prep work was done before painting. That saved time in the end. Mom and Cheryl removed the pictures and painted the frames red to match the rug and towels, and it looks great against the gray walls (the color is called "Online").




More to follow.

2 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, January 19, 2007, Blogger cheryl said...

The pictures came out nice.

 
At 4:11 PM, January 19, 2007, Blogger Sean M. said...

Everything looks really nice; good job Grandma and Aunt Cheryl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home