Thursday, January 18, 2007

Fluffing, part 2

Continuing on from the previous post.

Window treatments were done in the dining room (changed from silly shutters to nicer plantation blinds):


Living room (changed silvery blue vertical blind "vanes" to a color that better matched the "bagel" colored walls):


And master bedroom (Cheryl and my Mom created this valance and curtain effect but the plantation blind was already done a year ago. They also painted the frames for the two pictures):



In the Living room Cheryl painted the frames of the two paintings to better coordinate:


For my son's room Mom and Cheryl finished stripping a small chest of drawers that I started a year ago. Then I added wood strips to make it look more like a crate. Cheryl painted it to make it look weathered and I added the stenciling. It goes great with the "washed up on an island" theme of his room.


My mom bought and brought a basket for the bamboo fountain that I made last year.


And we used a basket I already had as a lampshade for the bamboo floor lamp that I made last year. The lamp is going to be made shorter by about 12 inches soon.

3 Comments:

At 7:54 PM, January 20, 2007, Blogger Marcel said...

I had no idea that they had accomplished so much. It all looks great. Does the change in ambiance make you feel any different?

 
At 5:13 PM, January 21, 2007, Blogger Tim B. said...

Well, not yet. But it is all so new. There are some details to finish up here and there and then many more projects to do.

 
At 10:28 AM, January 25, 2007, Blogger Monica said...

How lucky you are to have such a telanted and willing mother and sister. WHAT A LUCKY GUY!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home