Thursday, March 22, 2007

General update

Howdy,

I haven't updated in a while because I've been rather down. My ex played a nasty trick and I ended up in court 2 weeks ago fighting to retain the secondary custody of my son. I was successful, but I just know that she will never stop.

My mom and sister Cheryl came to stay with me through the court proceeding. Cheryl needed to go home shortly after and my mom has stayed for awhile. She is currently painting my kitchen cabinets and I will post some before and after pictures when they are done. There was a trash compactor that I removed and will fill in that space with a cabinet. This is phase 2 of a kitchen remodel. Phase 1 was painting a while back. Phase 3 will be redoing the floor and phase 4 will be replacing the countertop.

I haven't done any work on the boat bookcase since before the court stuff, but will resume once my mom goes back to Atlanta.

Tomorrow night we're going to the opera, "Cosi Fan Tutte" by Mozart. My mom, in her 70s, has never been to an opera. We're looking forward to it.

Guess that's all for now. If you like reading my posts, thanks for checking in, and I will be back up to speed soon.

4 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, March 22, 2007, Blogger Mandi said...

hang in there!

 
At 7:34 PM, March 23, 2007, Blogger Sean M. said...

Congrats on your "win," and I hope for your sake she gets off your case. But then again, you can't predict the actions of crazy people...

Anyways, enjoy your opera, and we look forward to seeing more pictures of your work!

 
At 10:51 AM, March 24, 2007, Blogger paulette said...

I am eager to hear Pat's comments on the opera. I've never been to an opera either but I would trust her judgement.

 
At 10:30 PM, March 26, 2007, Blogger Sean M. said...

Same here, Aunt Paulette. I want to hear all about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home