Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Employed!

On Monday I received the offer to work for a company named AON. They are pretty large and have a dot com site if you care to look into it. I will be a senior benefits analyst. I understand the data processing part I will need to use and they will just have to educate me on the benefits aspect of the job. One of the things this company does is put together benefits packages for other companies. They work with the companies to define what they will offer to the employees, then gather the payroll information, convert that to a format that is understood by their software, and open up web sites that allow the employees of those other companies to manage their benefits online.

Having worked for a company that had benefits administration online, I am a little famiiar with some of the processes as a user. I have database experience and have written plenty of data conversion programs over the years.

The nice thing is that I will work in a real office building with LIVE people. I feel that teamwork and comraderie are very important, and you just don't have that working at home. The office building is just a 15 minute drive. It will probably be long hours to begin with, since this is the busy part of the year (benefits open enrollment time) and I have a lot to learn up front.

Starting date is Nov 17, so I have time to do other stuff around the house too.

5 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, October 22, 2008, Blogger Monica said...

Congratulations Timmy. Sounds like a terrific job. Retirement is not all it's cracked up to be. You've still got a little freedom time, and I know you will enjoy your new job.

 
At 4:31 PM, October 22, 2008, Blogger Marcel said...

This sounds like a good match. May you prosper there.

 
At 4:33 PM, October 22, 2008, Blogger EZ Travel said...

I am very happy for you. I wish you much success and competent colleagues.

 
At 6:10 PM, October 22, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know they have hired the right person for the job. Congratulations to them too.

Mom

 
At 5:24 PM, October 23, 2008, Blogger John Beauregard said...

Congratulations Tim. I never heard of AON so I looked them up. I learned they are a reinsurance intermediary, a fortune 500 company and their name means "oneness" in Gaelic.
Good Luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home