Monday, June 29, 2009

Adirondack Chairs 5

Very near completion now.

I had my son over the weekend, and putting 1 of the chairs together was on our list. We started by assembling the angled legs with the two crosspieces, one in front and one in back. Then we added the vertical legs, and the decorative arm supports. At this point we paused because it was a VERY hot day.


A little later I added the arms and the upper rear crosspiece.


I clamped on a scrap of plywood under the rear crosspiece, so that the back slats could be temporarily set in place.


Once I made reference marks the back slats were screwed and nailed into place, then the seat slats were nailed in as well. This completed chair 1.


I'm pleased. It looks and feels very nice. JP posed for the picture because he had a hand in milling the wood and helping with the assembly.


Assembly of the second chair will begin tonight, but may not be completed.

1 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, June 29, 2009, Blogger Marcel said...

Jon Pierre models well and I am sure he can use it in his portfolio for a modeling job. However, my suggestion of getting models for the chairs did not really include this gender.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home