Monday, October 26, 2009

How many will I need?

Hi all,

As most of you know, I have been making the things I give out for Christmas for a few years. Sometimes these have been “1 per family” and sometimes “1 per person”. Last year was oval boxes which were 1 per person. This year I would also like to do a 1 per person, but would like to get a count of everyone who will be present at the Christmas gathering.

Send me an email on behalf of yourself and your family members so that I can get an accurate count.

Everything I am making this year will be similar, but each will be unique. My plan is for everything to be “laid out” and each person just picks whichever appeals to them the most (like we did with the pens a few years ago). I may find myself in a situation where I don’t have enough ready, so if you happen to get an “IOU”, don’t take it personally. Sean, Ryan, and Danny got IOUs a couple of years ago and I eventually made good on them. (Did you guys like the clipboards? Were or are they useful?)

I’m making a guess that I will need 25 or more “things” for this Christmas. I’ve finished 7 of them, and am almost done with another 7. As you may know, I sometimes like to include a penny with the current year and it has been a big challenge in collecting 2009 pennies. If I had about 20 more 2009 pennies I could knock these out much quicker. If you’ve been saving corks for me, why not send them, and if you have some 2009 pennies, drop those in the package as well? 2009 pennies are easy to distinguish because they are very shiny and do NOT have the Lincoln Memorial on the back.

4 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, October 30, 2009, Blogger Sean M. said...

I think the clipboards were great! I have mine in my room so that I can keep my bills and mail together. That way I can keep them all in place and have a writing surface when I need it.

 
At 10:50 AM, November 03, 2009, Blogger cheryl said...

I'll see what I can send. I know I have corks. When Debbie collects the pennies for the rainbow house, you can have her watch for the pennies you are looking for. If you are coming for Thanksgiving, we can give them to you then.

 
At 7:13 PM, November 03, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They already had a rainbow thing this year, as a matter of fact it was last Friday.

Mom

 
At 12:21 PM, November 09, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home