Monday, December 07, 2009

88: 12/07/2009

Late last week I used my air compressor to blow much of the dust off the keys.

Yesterday I used "Simple Green" to clean all the black keys, then started to scrape remaining glue residue off the white keys, where I had removed the ivory a few years ago.

In order to glue on the pretty new white plastic keytops, I need to clean the sides of the keys first. I started scraping, but felt that was going to take off too much wood, so I will go back to what I did on about 10 of them before...scrub with bleach. Those that I bleached look really nice. Once I decided that course of action, I felt it was time to stop for the evening. Tonight I will do the bleaching on several more keys and and probably finish the residue scraping. Once the bleached keys dry I can do the final wood prep and glue on the new plastic.

Pics next time.

2 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, December 08, 2009, Blogger cheryl said...

Much work............you will appreciate the work in the end.

 
At 8:04 PM, December 08, 2009, Blogger Marcel said...

Maybe you can find someone to try the Tom Sawyer technique on and get some of this off your back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home