Wednesday, April 06, 2005

The progress continues

Last night the shoe molding was installed...completely! I stuck with it. Boring yet easy work which required several trips up and down the stairs (I do all my cutting and coping in the garage). I used 4d finish nails and a 5/64ths is the perfect drill bit (I like to pre-drill where the nails go to help avoid splitting). But about half way through I broke that bit and had to go down to a 1/16th to finish up the job.

So I am getting down to finishing details. Hole filling, caulking, touch up paint. Going to try to use "Great Stuff" and a "Dremel" to fix the broken hollow core/paneled look closet door (which might be a good skill to have...sculpting 101). If I can't do it well, a new door is cheap enough. I need to get a wood blind for the window, maybe an area rug, and some wall decorations. Those can wait a couple of weeks.

1 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, April 12, 2005, Blogger Tim B. said...

Hi there! I am glad to know that there are others reading.

You must be in a different type of TKD school. Mine is affiliated with the "World Class TKD Federation" (WTF). Maybe yours is a "TKD America" affiliated school? A lot of the same things to learn, but focus is in different areas and belt colors vary. I don't even know where an orange belt is. I am not keen on sparring and prefer the "arts" part of martial arts.

Thanks for the compliment on the picture. I lopve that little man of mine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home