Thursday, August 11, 2005

Tropical room update

Yesterday I finished installing the chair rail. Today I will fill the nail holes with glazing compound and caulk the top edge. I dismantled the big, bulky bunk beds and took the framework out of the room. Then, I set the plywood supports and mattresses across a pair of foot lockers. That makes a temporary bed for my son.

Trunk bed.


Bamboo floor lamp.


Walls, doors, and trim.


Walls, doors and trim.


Remaining:
  • fix a hole in one of the closet doors
  • fix a 6"x6" section of parquet floor
  • install shoe molding
  • purchase and install new window blinds
  • touch up paint where needed


Hole in closet door.


Wood floor needing repair.


I do not want to go "overboard" (pun intended) with decorating, but want to do things that have a tropical flair, ala "Gilligan's Island." I already made a bamboo floor lamp, but it needs some datails added. Then I intend to replace the "trunk" bed with a bed frame made of bamboo. I have a nice little chest of drawers that could be painted appropriately. Just a matter of ideas and time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home