Sunday, September 11, 2005

Weekend update

So, how did I do?

  • Continue/finish stripping the chest of drawers. MADE GOOD PROGRESS.
  • Work on the transition strip for the hallway. NEARLY FINISHED.
  • Complete the closing up of the soffit where the bees were. NOPE. STEP STOOL BROKE.
  • Shorten the bamboo window shades in the tropical room. DONE!
  • Some light touch up painting here and there. NOPE.
  • Build a simulated crate to be the base of the bamboo lamp. DONE!

I found a small bamboo wastebasket for ONE DOLLAR at a "Dollar Tree" store. I removed the bottom of the wastebasket, mounted a bulb clip to the bottom and turned it upside down. Voila!!!...instant lampshade. Well, it has an interesting look, but is too small, and it needs to be lined with paper to eliminate bulb glare coming through the slats. But I can use that basket as a pattern for making a larger one.

The crate base was fun to build. It took about 2 hours and looks really cool. I mounted the bamboo lamp pole in it. Now I need to fill up the crate with something. Stones and sand will be too heavy. It dawned on me that COCONUTS will probably be just right. Now, where can I find some??

Oh yes, I bought a water pump and some tubing to make some sort of running water feature for the tropical room. Played with the pump and a 5 gallon bucket of water to see the flow and make sure it works. Now I need to figure out what I want to build to utilize the water.

Will post some pics soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home