Thursday, September 01, 2005

New projects coming up.

Last night I finished the closet of the tropical room, so, in essence, it is done except for decorating. The "brick and mortar" aspects of all 3 bedrooms, in fact, are all done.

I started stripping a small chest of drawers of 4 layers of paint. This will be put into the tropical room, but I want to make it look like it was built out of a discarded crate. So I need it down to bare wood.

Here is what is coming up:
1. Repair a broken picture frame. A picture fell off the wall when I was nailing in some chair railing. The glass broke and the frame came loose at the mitered corners. I am going to reglue the corners and add corner splines. It will never come apart again. Then new glass and it will be done.
2. I need "transition strips" for the floors. One that will go between the master bedroom and master bath (simple), one that will terminate the wood floor at a door threshhold (simple) and one that will go between the hallway and hall bathroom (medium difficulty. I can probably get them all done in a weekend, though, except for the stain and finish.
3. A couple of outside projects...filling up some depressions in the lawn with dirt, and finishing side 2 of the front walkway. This involves removing wood edging that was deteriorating and replacing it with concrete scalloped edgers. Simple but boring tasks. Wanting some cooler weather first.
4. Should repack all the wheel bearings on my trailers. Again, cooler weather would be nice.
5. Two things in the kitchen. First, install a tiffany style lamp, which requires working in the attic (cool weather please), then replace the front edge of the laminate countertops with real wood.
6. I have in mind what I want to do as Christmas gifts for friends and relatives, so should start on those in October.
7. And, of course, when bamboo dries I have a bed and a couple of other things to make.
8. Also, for my workshop I want to continue setting up the wood stove. I built a platform, Now I need to tile that platform and fireproof the walls where the stove will go.

SO, lots of work, but I'm going to go at it one bit at a time.

2 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, September 01, 2005, Blogger Mandi said...

So much left to do!!!

 
At 7:51 PM, September 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, you have a lot of projects going. Good for you.
Love,
Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home