Thursday, October 20, 2005

Burn, baby, burn !

Last night I put a 2 HUGE hunks of wood on the fire, fully expecting it to go out. One hunk was a piece of oak, about 3 feet in diameter at the base. It had been sitting in the weeds for YEARS. The outside of it was decaying and wet. But the inside must have been nice and dry. I couldn't believe it caught fire and burned out a hollow in the middle first, then smoldered it's way down. It was nearly gone this morning. When I went home at lunch to put more on the fire, it was gone! Completely ! It was probably over 100 lbs!

This morning I made 2 trips to the auto parts store. One to get a wrench for removing a "side terminal" battery. The second to replace the dead battery. At lunch I went home, cleaned the battery terminals, applied a special terminal grease and installed the battery. Et Voila...works perfectly and no unexpected problems. That's for my work van, which I will be using this weekend. The money I will make will probably cover the cost of the battery. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home