Monday, November 28, 2005

No Love, and no Joy !! Part 3 of ??

A thought came to me this morning.

First, that LJ coupling is so stubborn that penetrating chemicals haven't done anything, and it is has been a week. Second, I WAS intending to drill holes in the coupling, ask my neighbor to "tap" threads in the holes, and use a steering wheel puller to get the coupling off. Well, I don't like to disturb people if I don't need to.

So here's the thought. With a small amount of grinding I can slip 2 threaded nuts between the coupler and the metal plate. Rather than tap holes I can drill the holes slightly larger than the diameter of the bolt. Then slip the bolts into the holes and thread them into the nuts that I grind to fit. When using the steering wheel puller the nuts will pull against the bottom of the coupler since they will be too big to go through the holes.

That should be simple work tonight. A little grinding, a little drilling, and hopefully success. Will document the process with pics as I go along.

Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home