Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Variety

Like M&M's ? Hate breast cancer?
http://us.mms.com/us/news/promotions/komen/index.jsp

Links added:
If you scroll down, on the right I have added links to blogs that I read. Also, a link to my favorite comic strip, "Pearls Before Swine." Once you read a few days' worth, you may be hooked. As with "Dilbert" comics, people are sticking these up on the walls outside their cubicles.

Firewood donation:
A fellow named Fred, in my neighborhood, approached me about buying firewood. That was two months ago and my log splitter was needing repair. Since then I fixed it, and this past weekend I was splitting wood (previous blog entry) and was intending it for Fred. The LOCATION was at a neighbor's house right across the street from Fred. Just before I started splitting, "Mr. Z.", the homeowner, said to me "Did you hear about Fred? He died 2 days ago from a heart attack. He was 67." No, I hadn't heard. I had only just met Fred and he lived a quarter mile away. But when Fred came to talk to me I recall that he said he recently retired. Can you imagine? Work hard, retire, and die without getting to fully enjoy retirement? Something tells me that Fred's widow may still need firewood, so now I plan to introduce myself and bring her a trailer load of wood. To that end I emptied the trailer last night (was loaded with dirt for filling holes around the yard) and my son and I will go move firewood this weekend.

4 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, November 08, 2005, Blogger Melody Beth said...

Wow I am really sorry to hear that. It really really good though that you plan on doing it for his wife! Good work!
♥Melody (Grethchen's Daughter)

 
At 7:06 PM, November 08, 2005, Blogger Monica said...

You make a great father. What good training for a little boy. How old is JP now?

 
At 8:48 AM, November 10, 2005, Blogger DB said...

Found your blog on a surfing expedition the other day. Loved the Oct 24 Security alert. Got me.

We're just down the road in Lexington.

 
At 3:03 PM, November 10, 2005, Blogger Tim B. said...

Thanks "Photo",

I included a link to your blog off of mine. Friends and family may like your pictures. I sure do.

I swore off the BBQ fest because it gets too crowded for me. But I did go to the fair that you pictured...Dixie Classic, right?

Regards,
Tim B.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home