Sunday, November 13, 2005

After the weekend.

JP and I moved 2 trailer loads of firewood. The first was taken to the neighbor as mentioned below. Her daughter and son-in-law were visiting from New Jersey and helped to unload and stack the wood. Nice people.

Then we went up to Mt. Airy. I had hoped to have lunch at the "Snappy Lunch" but JP didn't want to wait in line. We both missed out on a local landmark, and I told him how disappointed I was. But we found a Ruby Tuesdays and ate there. That was close to where the Siamese Twins are buried. It took 5 minutes to find the site.

When we arrived at the church and graveyard we found it marked by a "historical site" sign. I took pictures of that sign and of the headstone. Will post those later. JP really enjoyed walking around the graveyard, looking at names and dates. He was sad when he saw a marker indicating a baby born and died 1 day later. He asked me why, but there was no indication.

We drove around a bit and ended up at the drive-in theater just as it was getting dark. We got some food in the snack bar. It was taking a long time to prepare the hotdogs and french fries and I told the woman there "I'm getting a little nervous that the movie is going to start before the food is done." But she said "Don't worry. It can't because I am the projectionist." So the movie, "Chicken Little", started about 20 minutes late because there were a lot of people wanting food, and this poor lady was working on a foot in a cast. Another, healthier lady, wasn't much help. The movie was cute. If you have kids, see it.

Today I changed blades on my lawnmower, but the battery had no charge. By 3:30 it was charged and ready. It took over 1.5 hours because I had to stop every two pases to empty the collectors. But it looks fabulous! Tomorrow I plan to get out in my workshop and start making sawdust for this year's Christmas gifts. Can't tell what they are because this blog is viewed by recipients. AFTER Christmas I can post some pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home