Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Progress on this years woodworking gifts.

TOLD ya I was gonna make sawdust!!! That 5 gallon bucket is there just for a size reference...must be 6-8 buckets full of sawdust.


The above is the result of Monday night's work. I spent 5 straight hours milling 40 pieces of rough sawn sycamore. They are now relatively smooth, and tonight I milled them into their final shapes. They need to be cut to length, assembled, sanded and finished. Can't tell you what they are.

Also, tonight I cut out 32 of the 40 pieces of cherry needed to complement the sycamore. It's all still rough. My finger joints are rather sore from putting all this wood through multiple passes through the thickness planer, edge jointer, table saw, and router. But I am so pleased with the progress.

2 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, November 16, 2005, Blogger paulette said...

I certainly hope all that sawdust jumped into the wheelbarrow and you didn't have to sweep it up and put it there.

 
At 5:13 PM, November 16, 2005, Blogger Tim B. said...

Boy, wouldn't that be great?

My shop HAS a dust collection system...it is called "Tim with a broom and snow shovel."

One day I'll get fancy, when I am more organized and willing to part with money.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home